Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's Day -- The first

Sunday was my first Mother's Day. It started well, Thomas slept late. Actually, all of us did! It then continued with an adorable card and a great present --charms for my seriously lacking charm bracelet--and with spending time with Tom and Thomas before we had to do some quick shopping. Then a quick nap and over to my sister Jheri's for a wonderful dinner with the entire family! It was a lovely day --pretty much like any other Sunday the family gets together. Maybe it's because the whole Mother's Day thing is new to me, but -- I know I'm going to regret saying this -- it didn't seem like the big deal I thought it would. There is no disapppointment in my tone. It just is what it is. Maybe it's because Tom shows me how much he appreciates me as a Mom. Maybe it's because my beautiful son smiles at me every time I get him out of his crib or begin to feed him. I feel so appreciated every day. I am so very thankful that I am. I wish I would have shown my Mom that appreciation. Maybe I did when I was Thomas' age. I know I probably didn't when I was a teenager. I hope I'm doing a better job at it now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

Jan -- Your site is lovely. So glad I found it through our mutual friend The Happy Catholic!

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Awwwww1 Your first Mothers day? Happy Mothers day(belated)!!

Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home