Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A little about my day

I’m a paralegal. My day mostly consists of reading, writing, assembling documents, and legal research (reading while looking for that nugget of gold which will help our case). (By the way, I love my job. While I am always thinking of my sweet baby Thomas, I know I am contributing to something important. I can’t say I feel important because I work, but I do feel like I am contributing to something important. Ah, you say, but you work for lawyers! Actually, I work for clients. Their troubles become ours. We fight for them. We help them “become whole” again.) It’s not all boring. Believe me. For example, today while I was researching a question about the procedure surrounding the taking of a deposition, I came across this case: Avocato v. Dell' Ara, 57 S.W. 296, 298-99 (1900) (where the notary understood English; the witness understood Italian and minimal Spanish; the interpreter understood Spanish; and the plaintiff, understanding Spanish and Italian, acted as an intermediary, suggesting answers that the witness asserted were false and hence repudiated, it was error to overrule a motion to suppress the deposition). I started laughing. Wasn’t this an episode on I Love Lucy!

See, law can be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home